Followers

Saturday 23 July 2016

A black makeover

Hello everyone! Hope you all are doing well! Today I'm here to share a brand new tutorial with you covering mixed media techniques and how to alter a LaLa Land crafts shadow box card! Let's see first what it looks like! 
Here are few different angles for to admire :P





Look at these gorgeous pearls from the store....
Omg they are so killing!!!!



Do you guys like it? 
I am sure this is adorable :P

So let's get started 
Here is my base to start with ...
I picked up this beautiful La La Land photo frame to alter......
Since it was a steampunk theme so i followed the same thoroughly....

Here is what the package looks like. It comes will all these pcs along with an instruction manual telling how to assemble it.
Its an ultimate to piece to adore , alter , or gift...


I started with my Prima chalkboard paint ....though we have many more beautiful shades but i decided to choose black n golden....
So i chose the black color!!!
The first thing I did was to paint all the pcs with Black chalkboard paint by prima. I absolutely love the chalkboard range by prima marketing these are amazing and the finish is excellent and our store has recently got all the lovely colours!  
I am sure you will drool over them!!!


Next i started assembling the Base. I've used glitter glue for this step as it dries clear and is mess free. 
U can use glossy accents or tacky glue too but i think i m addictive to this glue :P



I've taken a very grunge looking chipboard pc from Dusty attic and I started painting it with a gold paint by Dusty attic
Next i added 2 of these paints by Prima marketing on top of that piece. 

Taking a piece of chipboard for the photography I've made a border using Rose gold paint by prima marketing 

Next i stenciled the Base using Gel beads paste (micro fine beads)by Liquitex and layered 2 paper clay 
embellishments and some fishnet that is  available at Crafters Corner
Check my previous post to learn how to make embellishments using Prima moulds with paper clay!



now I'm adding some more textures to my piece I'm using this gorgeous pearl string from our store and next i have randomly added some glitter glue and covered it with Prills 
Do check below in pictures :


To give an awesome glaze i used the new Art anthology dimensional magic.


Here i have joined the picture with the frame.
Now comes the top part of the frame.
Now taking this thread i am attatching this beautiful key from the store.......

I have played randomly with them doing stenciling and using some chipboards from the store.
Then i added them on the front base and adhere them with glossy accents.
Here comes my final beads to be added .....
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....
I love them ....


Do check this list to know more about the products used :
Hope you will enjoy this !!!!!



PRODUCTS USED
Steampunk frame
Chalkboard Black
Couture Creations Non Stick Mat
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 2oz
Liquitex Glass Beads Acrylic Texture Gel 8oz
Microbial
Plastic Palette Knife Set 5/Pkg
Ranger Heat It Tool - European Version
Sorbet - Dimensional Paint - Dazzle
10 Metallique Steampunk Copper
11 Opal Magic Rose/Gold
12 Vintage Gold - Dusty in Colour
13 Cog Cluster - Chipboard Cutouts
14 Royal Key 2
15 Copper Glass Glitter
16 Gold Leaf
17 Gold Prills
18 Memory Hardware Glass Pearls
19 Time Travel Stencil
20 Ink Black - Wire Thread
21 Iron Orchid Designs Paper Clay
22 Vintage Art Decor Mould Baroque #3
23 Natural - Decorative Fish Net
24 Pearl Bead Strings

Love Anchal 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Really stunning!
    Love this altered steampunk beauty in all black and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super stylish project. The gold and black combo rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding project! Love it a lot! Wonderful shades with amazing details!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !