Followers

Monday 18 May 2015

Easy Interactive Cards & Mini Albums

     
Accordion Albums
        Hi friends,  Dr Sonia here sharing more projects with the new Elizabeth Craft Designs oval accordion die.One has got to love this die design as not only is it easy to make different styles of fun interactive cards with it but you can also make mini albums and stand alone photo-frames .
            In my previous post I showed you roughly how the die works. Karen Burniston has several detailed video tutorials on you tube and here is the link to Karen's Pinterest Board on Accordion Albums
            Like many of you I have loved seeing the extremely talented Neha's DT posts showcasing various ways to use stamps and this post was influenced by her ...Thank you Neha for being such a wonderful inspiration!
Sharing 5 styles of accordions made using the same set of accordion dies
Pop Up Accordion Card 1

In this card the details of which I had shared earlier in this post , the focus was on pattern paper and I matched my flowers and embellishments to match the pattern paper. This style of card is ideal to showcase pretty pattern paper as you can mix and match papers of your central pop ups, frames and for each accordion panel you add.
Pop Up Accordion Card 2

In this card , I used the design to showcase 3D decoupage[otherwise called Paper tole] images. Stamped images would look so pretty on the central panels too.
3 D decoupage
Since all 3 of my 3 D decoupage images were purple I made flowers to match them.
Flower making
          Stamped and die cut the Heartfelt creations Sunkissed fleur flowers and matched them to my project using the same technique shown in my earlier post . I used the new mini distress ink pads and the gorgeous Wink of Stella to get flowers perfectly matching my images!
Accordion card
The Best Wishes was cut from glitter foam using the new Elizabeth Craft designs die and the bow was cut from DCWV pattern paper using Sue Wilson filigree bow die

Here is how the ovals pop up and fold in the accordion style interactive card.
Folded Card
Pop Up Accordion Card 3 

         I am sure many of us started our crafty stash with a sticker collection...I used to be addicted to buying them ! This is a super simple way to use up stickers and create simple yet stylish cards which fold perfectly flat for mailing!

 I used up the leftover pieces from multiple Spellbinders intricate die cuts [cut from glitter foam] to dress up the stickers on the card.

The Happy Birthday is from the new Elizabeth Craft Design dies at Crafters Corner and already sold out!


I felt so good about using up the little bits and pieces of die cuts to jazz up the stickers.
Pop Up Accordion Card 4 - Dangler Card

 A couple of years back I shared how to make a pop up dangler card on my blog...that was a tricky to make dangler but the mini tutorial to that card is still floating around on pinterest!

 The dangling heart on this accordion card was quite easy to make as I used the nesting oval dies  to cut a scalloped oval from the central oval and used my Crop a dile big bite to punch and set an eyelet to thread the dangling heart!


The stitch line on this oval was made with one of the dies in the set!

So this particular card has 3 interactive elements- accordions, pop ups and a dangler!
Pop Up Accordion 5 - Mini Album

        If you cut the accordions from thick card stock there is actually no limit to the number of accordion panels you can add ,these are ideal to make mini albums! I made a small 6 panel mini album featuring my daughter during her cute toddler years!

Inked Heartfelt creations sun kissed fluers with distress ink and a few strokes of wink of stella
Add caption
The leaves were stamped and embossed on parchment and inked with mowed lawn distress ink.

The dragon fly , Honeybee and felt sunflowers were made using Cheery Lynn  dies

I mixed and matched the pattern paper in each panel to match the colors of the photo.

The cute castle is a sticker I had been hoarding for ages!

Added Wink of stella for a subtle shimmer on this Hero Arts stamped flower.

The Mini Album stands upright to display the photos in a photoframe style

 And can be folded and stored away safely too!

I hope you liked the different projects!

Supplies

Accordion Dies
Crafters Corner has 3 styles of accordion dies by Karen Burniston and all can be used to make interactive cards, mini albums and photoframe displays
Other Dies
Spellbinders Rose creations, Spellbinders borderabilities, 
Heartfelt creations Classic Leaf, Heartfelt creations Sun kissed fleur [ used to make the buds], 
Cheery Lynn  Butterflies, Tiny things with wings,Sunflower, Grass, Love
Elizabeth Craft designs Happy Birthday,Best Wishes,Oval Accordion die
Creative Expressions by Sue Wilson 3 D filigree Itty Bitty Bow

Distress Inks : festive berries, mustard seeds, mowed lawn, 

10 comments:

  1. wow!! so many beautiful examples of accordion fold!! awesome work Sonia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww...such gorgeous creations...I love them...so very pretty...TFS this wonderful tutorial...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nupur and hehe I didnt share a tutorial this time but so cool you always associate my posts with tutorials!

      Delete
    2. I meant the little floral technique and the use of accordion dies in your project...and all the tips and techniques that is nothing less than a tutorial for me..TFS...xx

      Delete
    3. Oh you are so sweet Nupur...!!

      Delete
  3. Many beautiful accordian fold cards Dr.Sonia, the one with stickers is my favorite n the album is very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !